Congress has left millions of renters and people experiencing homelessness without the resources and protections they need to remain stably housed during and after the coronavirus pandemic. Without significant federal action, between 30 and 40 million renters may lose their homes at the end of 2020.
Use the template below to contact your members of Congress and urge them to pass a coronavirus relief package that includes protections and #RentReliefNow for millions of the lowest-income families.
- Fill out the form below to identify your members of Congress.
- Personalize the email template below. A personal perspective or connection to the issue is always most effective.
- Click here to find local data for your state to include in the email.
- NLIHC's list of recommendations can be used as talking points and can be found at: https://nlihc.org/responding-coronavirus
- Contact your NLIHC housing advocacy organizer if you have questions, or to let us know what you hear back! Find your organizer here.
In addition to sending an email, please consider calling your members of Congress! You can find a call-in script in our advocacy toolkit on page 3 as well as other talking points and resources throughout the toolkit. Filling out the form below will provide the phone numbers for each office.