The House of Representatives passed the "Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act" on May 15, which includes NLIHC's top priorities to ensure housing stability during and after the coronavirus pandemic for people experiencing homelessness and our lowest-income neighbors.
Please use the email template below to contact your Senators and ask them to immediately enact these critical housing investments and protections.
- Fill out the form below to identify your senators. (Doing so will also provide phone numbers for each office.)
- Personalize the email template below. A personal perspective or connection to the issue is always more effective.
- Click here to find local data for your state to include in the email.
- Don't forget to utilize NLIHC's list of recommendations as talking points. They can be found at: https://nlihc.org/responding-coronavirus
- Contact your NLIHC housing advocacy organizer to let us know if you hear back! Find your organizer here.
In addition to contacting your members of Congress, please consider adding your organization to NLIHC's national sign-on letter to members of Congress in support of the "Emergency Rental Assistance and Rental Market Stabilization Act" (S. 3685, H.R. 6820), which would provide $100 billion in emergency rental assistance. Learn more about this bill here.