Congress has left millions of renters and people experiencing homelessness without the resources and protections they need to remain stably housed during and after the coronavirus pandemic. Without significant federal action, between 30 and 40 million renters may lose their homes by the end of 2020.
Use the template below to contact your members of Congress and urge them to #GetBacktoWork and #DoYourJob by passing the housing elements included in the HEROES Act!
- Fill out the form below to identify your members of Congress. (Doing so will also provide phone numbers for each office.)
- Personalize the email template below. A personal perspective or connection to the issue is always more effective.
- Click here to find local data for your state to include in the email.
- NLIHC's list of recommendations can be used as talking points and can be found at: https://nlihc.org/responding-coronavirus
- Contact your NLIHC housing advocacy organizer if you have questions, or to let us know what you hear back! Find your organizer here.
In addition to contacting your members of Congress, please consider adding your organization to NLIHC's national sign-on letters urging Congress to immediately enact critical these housing investments and protections.