Senate leadership continues to delay negotiations over the next coronavirus relief package, but struggling renters cannot wait!
To underscore the urgency and pressure the Senate to act, the House is bringing forward the “Emergency Housing Protections and Relief Act of 2020” (H.R. 7301). This bill includes the critical housing and homelessness resources approved by the House in the "Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act," including NLIHC’s top priorities.
Use the template below to contact your members of Congress and urge them to support this bill to ensure housing stability during and after the pandemic!
- Fill out the form below to identify your members of Congress. (Doing so will also provide phone numbers for each office.)
- Personalize the email template below. A personal perspective or connection to the issue is always more effective.
- Click here to find local data for your state to include in the email.
- NLIHC's list of recommendations can be used as talking points and can be found at: https://nlihc.org/responding-coronavirus
- Contact your NLIHC housing advocacy organizer if you have questions, or to let us know what you hear back! Find your organizer here.
In addition to contacting your members of Congress, please consider adding your organization to NLIHC's national sign-on letters urging Congress to immediately enact critical housing investments and protections.