Some Republican members of Congress are now opposing the bipartisan agreement to include a one-month extension of the federal eviction moratorium as final decisions over a COVID-19 relief package are being made. This move would immediately put millions of renters at risk of losing their homes starting on January 1.
Please use the template below to contact your members of Congress TODAY to urge them to include the bipartisan agreement to extend the federal eviction moratorium.
- Fill out the form below to identify your members of Congress.
- Personalize the email template below. A personal perspective or connection to the issue is always most effective.
- Click here to find local data for your state to include in the email.
- NLIHC's list of recommendations can be used as talking points and can be found at: https://nlihc.org/responding-coronavirus
- Contact your NLIHC housing advocacy organizer if you have questions, or to let us know what you hear back! Find your organizer here.